Working at MedXL
Make a difference
When enhancing lives is your quest, your work is meaningful, your contributions significant, and your curiosity is driven by limitless possibilities, that’s MedXL. Here your compassion, commitment and delivery of results will take us far. Together, we can make a difference in healthcare around the world.
MedXL is committed to employment equity
MedXL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to fair employment practices to ensure that qualified candidates have access to employment opportunities and that hiring decisions are made on the basis of merit.
Interested in joining MedXL? Email your resume to us and we’ll contact you when appropriate openings occur.
Type: Full time, 6 month contract with possibility of renewal
Schedule: Shift: Evening (2:45 - 10:45) periodic overtime to support production operations
Salary: Based on experience
Immediate supervisor: Head Mechanic
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Complete scheduled preventive maintenance tasks. Coordinate machine availability with production staff and other mechanics.
- Carry out corrective and emergency repairs during day to day operations with a focus on maintaining production
- Complete equipment set-ups and format change-overs.
- Collaborate with production staff to identify priority of repairs based on work duration and production needs.
- Collaborate with the Head Mechanic and other shift mechanics on predictive maintenance tasks, ongoing improvements projects as well as work done by external suppliers.
- Document work done on equipment including equipment status, shift changeover, parts used throughout the repairs.
- Communicate need for parts and tools based on repairs and existing inventory.
- Application and respect of health and safety rules and regulations
- Electromechanical diploma
- Proven mechanical and electrical technical problem solving skills
- Capable of analysing PLC ladder logic
- Proven capability of working under pressure
- Able to communicate and coordinate work of other mechanics
- Able to work unaccompanied (1 mechanic per shift)
- 2 or more years of experience as a maintenance technician (or related field)
- Pertinent experience in food, cosmetic or pharma industries
- Written and spoken English and French
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design, develop and manage new and existing medical electrical devices, products and systems
· Plan, organize, manage and lead work meetings related to the projects
· Prepare product engineering drawings and prototypes
· Produce and maintain Material and Device Master Records (MMRs/DMRs), and Design History Files (DHFs)
· Perform and manage Risk Management, Verification and Validation activities
· Manage Design Transfer of development products to manufacturing
· Post market management of the product design and future Engineering changes
· Perform all other related tasks
· Bachelors in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering, or relevant work experience
· Minimum 3 years of experience developing medical electrical devices
· Good understanding of industry related standards
o IEC 62304 – Medical device software – Software life cycle processes
o IEC 60601 (series of standards) – Medical electrical equipment: Requirements for basic safety and essential performance
o ISO 14971 – Risk Management
o ISO 13485 – Medical devices: Quality management systems
· Good knowledge of Office (word, excel, outlook)
· Good project management skills
· Good communication skills
· Bilingual (English and French)
· Good decision making and problem solving skills
· Organized and autonomous
· 6 months